Friday, March 21, 2008

Our 10th Anniversary!!!

Mike and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary March 20th! We arranged for a babysitter for two days for the girls so we could do whatever we wanted! I had forgotten what it was like to just get up and go without having to think about who was going with me and blah blah blah else! Oh My Goodness! Life just settled down like 50 notches for those two days. On the day of our anniversary, Mike and I went hiking on one of the most popular tourist spots in TN. Fall Creek Falls. We found out that the falls are the highest falls East of the Rocky's!!! Here are a couple links for you to see more around, and find out a little more.


http://www.fallcreekfalls.net/

http://www.myfallcreekfalls.com/






I had an awesome time...even though I did find myself out of breath every so often!!!
The views were breath taking! It took us 1-2 hrs. to hike the whole trail up and back. Of course, we were taking our time, so that may have been one reason the 3/4 mile up and 1/2 mile trail down took us that long. My most terrifying moment was crossing the swaying cable plank wood bridge. I'm not a big one for heights...ok...they TERRIFY me!! Especially when "somebody" in front of me widens out the hand rail cables so wide I can't keep both hands firmly grasped on them. Oh well, we both made it across in one piece. luckily ;)

We both survived the hike...my legs felt it for the next few days...I can only imagine how much more I'd have "felt" the hike if I hadn't been exercising at all!



The next day as tradition holds we went out for breakfast. Since there are no Village Inn restaurants around here...we went to Cracker Barrel. It seemed very chaotic after the quiet day Mike and I had experienced the day before! All is well that ends well though right??? After breakfast, we dropped the girls off at my friend's house and she watched them for the rest of the afternoon. Mike and I wanted to go for a bike ride. I should've known he had more up his sleeve! He's been trying to get me a new bike for a long time now...and he had the perfect excuse to do it now! SO...I got a new bike!!! Yeah Me :D It's a Masi Alare 2007 Red and Silver. I also got new cycling shoes too...

2 comments:

LittleFamilyJL said...

Hey guys! Happy Anniversary again! It sounds like you had a great time. Those waterfalls are beautiful!
Your bike looks awesome!
And Mike's hairy chin looks stellar!

:)
We love you guys!

Charlotte said...

wow! ten years! that's incredible. it looks like you had a great time. i've actually been to fall creek falls, when jodie was living in tennessee. they are amazing. good to hear from you again!