Friday, December 12, 2008

Snow Day


Well we found out last night that the girls would be home from school today because of the weather. Out here the idea of snow just means trouble on the roads. It was landing thick, wet and fast for a good bit last night. My girls sounded like they just won the lottery! Girl's voices should never be allowed to reach that decibel!!! They spent the evening playing in the miraculous event because it's usually short lived around here.
After we dragged them in the house and had dinner, we read stories on the couch until they were all warm and snuggled on my lap and fast asleep, leaving me in a rather squishy, crowded seat on the couch ;)
This morning when they got up and saw how much snow was still around they were out the door! (the girls expected the snow to be all melted and gone by the time they got up)
They dressed up in their warm layers of coats, scarves, gloves and shoes and socks. Each time they came in the house they were missing one of their "warm" essentials.



Metta came running in to tell me the girls wanted me to come see what they had been up to. Me being still in my pjs, I wasn't too thrilled about heading out the door to see what I expected to be a 12" snowman from past years attempts...
I looked out the door and what do my eyes behold?! I couple HUGE snowballs! I scurried to my bedroom and got dressed, found the camera, and ran out the door...




I helped lift one of the snowballs onto the largest one, and then told Marley to quickly make one the size of a basket ball for the head. She was eager to do so, and thus the snowman was born!



The girls had fun putting it together, and playing in the snow. Here are a few more pics that I thought you might enjoy...




Kaleigh decided she was done and headed for the house just after taking the first picture. They all came in shortly after for some nice Hot Chocolate! What a perfect day???

6 comments:

Meghan said...

These pictures are just great!!!! Love them all. How fun!

The Fishers said...

Wow, I'm impressed!!!! They are snowman building machines!!!

MotherMonkee said...

Great pictures! Sounds fun, cold, but fun. Excellent snowman, girls!

Papasqrt said...

the other reason that they were sitting onthe couch and reading, Until they all fell asleep is because I was fixing their beds. I added 98 screws to slats/plywood fix to the broken bunkbed slats. Now they are more secure and wont fall thru the bed.

Lee said...

how'd you get all that snow and we got 1/4 inch?

Lindsey's Story said...

Seth dragged me out that night to have a small snowball fight. I love snow!